If you missed the tour and orientation at 5 AM, take this self test. Extra credit is given for improving this test with additional answers. Help yourself to a marking pen from atop the piano.
1. Who may swim alone?
Libby or Lunette
Any adult over 30 years old.
Anyone who can swim 4 miles in 10 minutes without the aid of flippers.
2. Where is it safe to dive?
Off the end of the dock where it is up to 8 feet deep at high water.
In the swimming area where there are lots of rocks just below the surface.
Off the rocks at the end of the point where there are hidden rocks just below the surface of the water.
3. When is it appropriate to call for help?
Only when you are in danger.
Anytime, just to practice and see who will come.
When in a large group and everyone knows that there is no danger.
4. Are life jackets required?
State law requires a life jacket for everyone in a boat.
Only people with a specific gravity of 1.34 or lower need wear a life jacket.
Only dogs are required to wear life jackets.
5. Do summer storms come up quickly on Branch Pond?
No, only in the winter.
No, they are always preceded by five short blasts from an air raid siren.
6. Should Libby and Lunette be fed?
No, do not feed Libby or Lunette.
Yes, feel free to feed them anything any time.
Yes, encourage them to get food from the garbage can.
No, don't overtly feed them, just sneak them scraps from under the table.
A and not b or c, but sometimes d and definitely not e.
7. (True/False) The best way to dry off a wet bathing suit is to sit on a sofa.
8. (T/F) Libby and Lunette are allowed on the sofas and on the beds.
9. (T/F) Libby and Lunette should try to retrieve the biggest stick they can find.
10. (T/F)Help yourself to any food or beverages.
11. (T/F) Help yourself to any of the toys/fishing gear.
12. (T/F) Feel free to soap up in the lake.
13. (T/F) Libby and Lunette's family would rather make meals, make beds and do dishes than play at the lake.
14. (T/F) Feel free to smoke anything anywhere. We prefer cigarette and cigar smoke to the unsettling pervasive balsam aroma of the woods.
15. (T/F) The piano is off limits.
WHAT TO DO?:
Swim, sail, tube, water ski, canoe, lawn games, trip to Blueberry Island, up Winkumpaugh Stream, to Sand Beach, to the lower lake, calculate the volume of the lake, run to the top of the hill, walk the road, visit Acadia, make a fire and toast marshmallows, cook lobsters mussels or clams, sit in the sun or shade, read a book (Loon Magic is good).